This is it. The endgame. Here I’ll give you the final steps in configuring my server. We started with creating the virtual machine then moved to configuring the disks. We’re at the end – where’s it’s time to do the final configurations.
In summary, we’re going to do several steps here. They pretty much follows my other guide step-by-step, so I’ll be brief in covering them here.
- Variable Declaration
- Installing Windows Features
- Enabling Disk Performance Metrics
- Installing some Utilities
- Copying the IIS Folders to a new Location
- Enable Deduplication (optional)
- Removing unnecessary IIS Websites and Application Pools
- Tweaking the IIS Settings
- Tweaking the ASP.NET Settings
- Creating a location for the TFTP and SFTP Roots (for NCM)
- Configuring Folder Redirection
- Pre-installing ODBC Drivers (for SAM Templates)